Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2024 20:34:04 GMT by tl1005
Dear HMRC, I submitted a tax return for year 2022-2023 including foreign property rental income from HONG KONG and completed the tax payment on January, 2024. And I received the tax amount (due to the same property rental income) need to be paid from HONG KONG Inland Revenue Department and paid the Hong Kong tax on April, 2024. How can I apply the refund of the tax I paid to UK? Thanks for your help.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 11:43:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 13
You can claim foreign tax credit relief for the tax paid in Hong Kong. 
An amendment to your tax return with the amount (converted to sterling) will have to be made. 
Please see Relief for foreign tax paid (Self Assessment helpsheet HS263)   
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.