Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2024 08:19:40 GMT by AMERCHANT1974
I left UK to work in the Middle East in March 2022. I sent form P85 to HMRC when I left the UK to work abroad. For the tax years 22/23 and 23/24 I was non tax resident as I spent less than 90 days visiting my Family in the UK. For the current tax year 24/25 I am still working in Middle East but my employment here will end in October 24. I will return to UK for 2 weeks and then my new UK based employer has asked me to work for the next 6 months (Nov 24 to April 25) in India training staff etc. So despite change of employers I will be non tax resident in UK in 24/25. My questions are: 1. Can my UK employer pay my first 6 months salary as gross? 2. What do I need to do to obtain the NT tax code given that I have already submitted P85 to HMRC 2 years ago? 3. If I need to submit another P85 form what should be my date of leaving - March 2022 (original overseas employment) or November 2024 (new employment).
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2024 12:17:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 18 Response
Hi,

This forum is for general queries only and is intended to help you self-serve. We are unable to provide specific advice tailored to individual circumstances. 

You may wish to contact our Self Assesment team:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

or consider seeking professional advice.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.