Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:22:30 GMT by SurreyFox
I have a coding notice for 2022-2023 giving a code of 1275L, but 1257L has been used in the "View your calculation" section of the return I am completing. Which tax code will be used on the final return? I really do not think I owe any tax, yet will be asked for some.
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 09:43:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi SurreyFox,
Your 1275L coding notice should specify what the additional allowances of 180 applied to your code were for.
If these extra allowances were correct, just add them to your tax return. If the extra allowances were not correct, and your employer operated the code with these additional allowances, you may have to repay the tax due after filing your return.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.