Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 26 Dec 2023 12:10:14 GMT by
Hi, I pay a higher rate tax (40%) and contribute towards NHS pension which is deducted from my salary before tax. This is reflected in my P60 at the end of the year (gross pay - pension contributions = taxable pay) Do i need to declare my NHS pension contributions on the self assessment? Thank you
Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 12:49:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

As your employer takes the contribution from pay before tax so you get full tax relief whether at the basic, higher or additional rate.
No further relief is due and you so not show this in your tax return.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.