Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2024 17:02:11 GMT by Paul Gallagher
Hi I am the director of a non-resident member/partner of a UK LLP. That member is a company incorporated in another jurisdiction and has no management or control in the UK. It is not liable for UK corporation tax. I have been informed that the company, as a partner of the LLP, must have a UTR issued by HMRC. I have submitted the appropriate form by post to HMRC 7 months ago (January 2024) and I have not received a response. I completed the form entitled: 'Registering a partner for Self Assessment if they're not an individual' The form was sent by post to: NIC&EO HM Revenue and Customs BX9 1AN The company cannot receive its profits from the UK LLP until it is in receipt of the UTR which has not been issued. There is no email contact that I can find nor an appropriate telephone number to call to check if the UTR has been issued or when it will be issued. Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is creating serious operational difficulties for the company. Thanks in advance.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2024 09:42:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
Please refer to Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC or telephone 0300 200 3300 for an update.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.