Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:14:23 GMT by confused14
I am owed a repayment and my account says 'bank repayment pending'. I have had to call a few times to take care of other S/A matters and each time I have been given a conflicting update on where the repayment is up to: 1. The BACS repayment was set to Monday 15 April and would clear within 3 days 2. A few days later I was advised that my repayment had been stopped for additional security checks 3. A fews after that I was advised that the additional security checks were not evident on my account after all and that the repayment would take up to 10 working days from the date it was taken into the system 10 April so I could expect it by midnight 24 April. Questions: 1. Does my account reflect whether the repayment has been stopped for additional security checks? 2. Or, can I rely on "bank repayment pending" as accurate information and that it is simply in the 10 day payout queue? Also: Why do your agents have different information? Do they all have access to the same level of info on an account? This is confusing and stressful and increases the amount of calls I will make to the helpline which is the precise opposite of what you want.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:05:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If the repayment is pending and not issued within 10 working days then the repayment will have been selected for security checks. If still pending on your account you will need to contact woue Self Assessment team to review:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.