Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 11 Jan 2024 10:35:21 GMT by
My husband has tried to give the marriage allowance to me but was turned down with the following ground: ” Error: As you have already made three attempts to match your Recipient details, you cannot select to transfer your Marriage allowance on this return.” All the details entered were double checked carefully by me but every time it said it doesn’t match the record. What can we do now please? Any channel we can follow this or apply this again? That is totally unfair. All my personal information with my meticulous double checking is correct and accurate. In unlikely event that even if some information is inaccurate it shouldn’t rob our right to the marriage allowance altogether. This is unreasonable and where we can lodge a complaint if it cannot be resolved reasonably? 14/1/2024Thanks
Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 11:59:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Morning Glory G,
You would need to contact HMRC to check what the issue is with the details submitted and to see if the marriage allowance transfer can be processed
Contact HMRC
To submit a complaint online you need to go to:-
 Complain about HMRC.
Select complain online if you're an individual or a business or write the address is:-
PAYE & Self Assessment Complaints
HM Revenue & Customs
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.