Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 21:42:01 GMT by muffin321
HMRC no longer send out tax form SA100. You now have to phone them if you need this form. I have a relative who does not have a computer, works both employed and self employed and normally completes the short tax form which can only be completed if sent by HMRC and cannot be requested. His form needs to be completed and returned by the end of October. Last year he did not receive the short form and spent stressful weeks trying to find out how he was supposed to meet the tax deadline if he hadn't even been sent the form. He managed to get through on the phone line specially allocated for requesting an SA100 thinking he would use this form instead. The phone lines were closed and he could get no help. I couldn't even print off the SA100 so he could use that instead because it was noted " FOR REFERENCE ONLY ". Eventually he did receive the short form but by then a very substantial part of the time allowed for completion had passed. In order to avoid a repeat of these events this year can someone please tell me 1. By what date will HMRC send the short tax forms out 2. If the short form does not arrive how can he get help if the phone lines are closed. 3. If all else fails can he now get someone to print the SA 100 (and additional pages) from the HMRC website and submit those instead or are they still " FOR REFERENCE ONLY " After todays announcement that the phone lines will again be closed I saw a report which said those without on line access would be helped but " it is not yet known how " This has been promised before but no help was given. HMRC will you please consider keeping open a direct phone line for those who have no computer. You are causing UNTOLD STRESS to these people. I am fully aware of the reasons you give for wanting people to do returns on line but it is totally out of the question in my relatives case.
Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 12:45:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
The short tax returns SA200 are issued over the month of April 2024 after the 5 April.
If not received by first 2 weeks of May 2024 if you contact HMRC we can arrange for a paper tax return to be issued.
The telephone lines are noe to remain open. At present the formn is not available to print online. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.