Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 25 Aug 2023 13:13:46 GMT by xFifty
Hi, When I connect to my Personal Tax Account, I can fill my 22-23 SA return normally. However, I had questions regarding underpaid amount including in previous year tax code, and needed to seek assistance. The operator I spoke to told me that my SA record got closed in 2022 and that I would need to submit to form to re-register for SA. I did so, and got answered that the request was denied because I already have a live SA record. I don't know what to do and there is no-one to speak to as both SA helpline and webchat are closed. Please let me know how I can handle this, this is extremely frustrating. Thank you!
Posted Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:43:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi xFifty,

If you click 'Ask HMRC online' and request to speak with an adviser you will be put in the queue for webchat. The helpline will reopen on 4th September.
Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.