Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 20:26:22 GMT by
I have recently received a letter asking me to fill in 4 tax returns: 19-20, 20-21, 21-22 and 22-23. I have since registered for self-assessment and have received my UTR number. Once the "Self-assessment" option appeared in my Personal Tax Account page, I was able to fill in the 22-23 tax return. However, I found no way to fill in past tax returns. The page says that I may need to wait for "72 hours" before this is possible, but it's been over a week and still nothing. Any ideas? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 06 Jul 2023 14:47:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi

When you access the Self Assessment tile, you are looking for 'More details about your Self Assessment returns and payments' or 'More Self Assessment details'
This should take you to tax return options where you will be able to select the earlier years.

Thank you
Posted Thu, 06 Jul 2023 18:19:01 GMT by
Thank you, but I do not see any previous tax years. I have explored those options, as well as "Tax return options" and "Tax years", but I can only see the 22-23 tax year I have already filled. I see no other tax years to complete or amend.
Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2023 11:37:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
If you are unable to see the options you will need to contact the Self Assessment department directly.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thankyou.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.