Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 06:51:25 GMT by Amanda Harrison
I am using this forum in desperation to address a concerning issue regarding the recent letters I have received for late payment fines on my tax returns for both this year and the previous one. Upon receiving these notices, I was astonished, as I have clear evidence demonstrating that I submitted both returns and made timely payments. I have made numerous attempts to rectify this matter by contacting your department via phone calls, only to face extensive wait times of up to three hours each time. Despite my persistence in calling every week and even sending a letter outlining my situation, I have been unable to connect with a representative to resolve this issue. I want to emphasize that I take my tax obligations seriously and have always ensured timely submission and payment. Enclosed with this letter, I have included copies of the receipts and confirmation emails documenting the submission and payment of both tax returns. These documents should serve as proof that the fines imposed on me are indeed a mistake. I kindly request your prompt attention to this matter and urge you to review my case thoroughly. It is essential that this issue be resolved promptly to avoid any further inconvenience or financial burden on my part. Should you require any further information or documentation from my end, please do not hesitate to contact me at the provided contact information. I appreciate your prompt assistance in resolving this matter and look forward to receiving confirmation of the correction.
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:47:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced, and the concern caused.
If you have confirmation that you've submitted the returns correctly, but we've written to you to confirm that we haven't received them, there could be a technical issue receiving your returns on our systems.
Please contact our Online Services Helpdesk on 0300 200 3600 . When we've resolved this issue for you, please contact our Self Assessment team by webchat or post via Self Assessment: general enquiries for more advice on any penalties present.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.