Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 13:40:56 GMT by wlk385
Hi, Perhaps a straightforward question, but want to be 100%sure (and there's nothing straightforward when it comes to taxes, really). My calculation section on the HMRC account says: ''Total tax repayable to you for 2022-23 [£X,XXX.XX] HM Revenue and Customs will add this amount to your Self Assessment statement of account. It doesn't include any 2022 to 2023 payments on account you may have made or any other amounts outstanding. To help you to decide how much, if anything, to pay by the due date, check your Self Assessment account and use the information above until it transfers over.'' On the other hand, the Tax year overview section (for the Tax year ending 05 Apr 2023) includes nothing in the breakdown section (basically only £0,00 against each item) What happens next? Is HMRC going to pay me the amount stated above? I have not received P800 or any other letter from HMRC. My account also states ''You have nothing to pay.'' Self-assessment submitted on 26 Nov 2023. I have one income taxed through PAYE. It is incredibly confusing. Many thanks
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 12:21:55 GMT by wlk385
Dear HMRC - please can you advise?
Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 10:15:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Your Self Assessment statement will be updated to show the credit from your Self Assessment calculation.

The credit will be set against any balance on your Self Assessment and any credit left will then
be available for repayment which you can then claim it online . 

Thank you .
Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:12:55 GMT by wlk385
Thank you very much. Please can I check when I can expect the statement to get updated? It's been over two weeks since I submitted Self Assessment. Last Tax Year the statement was generated the day after I submitted Self Assessment. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 18 Dec 2023 15:58:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If you submitted the tax return online then it can take up to 3 working days to process to your HMRC record.

If it is still not updated you will need to contact our Self Assessment team to review.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.