Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 14:28:24 GMT by Lakhdeep Singh Farwaha
I have savings in India earned while I worked there and income tax was already paid in India. This is my own money. Do I need to pay any tax if I transfer that money to my UK savings account?
Posted Thu, 30 May 2024 06:52:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Lakhdeep,
Not on the capital but you will need to declae any interest that this then generates.
If you are UK resident and domicile you will also need to declare any interest generated in India.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.