Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2023 16:52:38 GMT by Mag Chan
I want to know if my income is £50,280 (> $50270) and my husband has no job so no income in the tax year. Can I used the marriage allowance which he can transfer his allowance to my? Cause the example is only saying for basic rate.
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 11:12:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As you would be a higher rate taxpayer then you would not be eligible for the Marriage Allowance transfer. You can see details on Marriage Allowance transfer here:

Marriage Allowance

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.