Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 23 Oct 2023 10:52:34 GMT by
Dear HMRC, I have previously requested paper forms for self assessment and supplementary forms SA100, SA109. However, as the deadline for filing paper forms is approaching and I have not finished my tax returns yet, I am considering changing to filing online as the deadline is later on 31 Jan 2024. Do I have to inform HMRC about the switch from filing paper forms to filing online? I am planing to file SA100, SA109, SA106 and SA102. Can all these be filed online? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 14:20:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi AL,

You do not need to inform HMRC.
However, in order to file online, you need to purchase 3rd party software that allows you to complete the SA109 -
Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.