Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:52:23 GMT by Duncan Wu
Dear Sir/Madam, I received interests in my bank account in Hong Kong. The interests were paid in Hong Kong currency in different months. Should I convert that interest values of Hong Kong currency to pound sterling with HMRC monthly currency exchange rates in the corresponding months, and then add all of them together in the self assessment return for the corresponding financial year? Thank you very much! Kind regards, 

Name removed admin . 
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:51:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Duncan Wu,
It needs to be converted to sterling but you can use any of the rates referred to at Exchange rates from HMRC in CSV and XML format
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.