Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 13:21:05 GMT by SK H
Hi, I entered the UK on 22 Apr 2022 and I received my last income as an employee in Hong Kong in mid Apr 2022. May I know do I have to declare this period's (6 Apr 2022 - mid Apr 2022) earnings when filling in the tax return? Is Spilt Year Treatment needed? If so, could you please advise on the procedure if I fill in my tax return online?
Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 15:54:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If the payment was for work actually carried out in Hong Kong, then under the terms of the double taxation treaty, it is not taxable in the UK ans you do not need to claim split year for it.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.