Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2024 14:21:59 GMT by Gazelle
Due to a temporary pay rise which has gone on much longer than expected, I have accidentally exceeded the amount that I should have paid into my pension over the past three previous financial years. I made contributions to my work pension and my SIPP. This has come to light after I had checked the value of the contributions that had been made to my work pension. I understand that I now need to pay tax on the excess contribution-but can’t work out how I would do this for each of the three years - and would be grateful for advice. Thanks
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:22:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Gazelle,
Please refer to guidance here:
HS345 Pension savings — tax charges (2023)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.