Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 11:08:17 GMT by vk2208
My PAYE tax is still being calculated. Should I wait for this to be completed before I file my SA for private work? The SA will take me into the higher tax bracket so I dont want to file if it will just make my tax at 20% or will they know how much i already owe in PAYE?
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 15:34:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 13

When you file your Self Assessment return, you must included your PAYE pay and tax figures. If you are unsure of the correct figures to enter, check your P60, or request them from your employer.
Alternatively, we may be able to confirm these figures - contact us by webchat or phone via 
Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.