Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2024 19:23:54 GMT by benjifox93
Hi - I have lived in the UK since January 2023. I started working for an Australian based company in October 2023 (whilst still living in the UK) and earn wages in Australian dollar. Under the tests, I am a UK resident for tax purposes. I am asking for guidance on how I declare this income to HMRC and pay the respective tax on same. I want to report my earnings to finalise my tax return for the financial year ended 6 April 2024. Is there an online portal which I can report my income not only for the last financial year but also for months for the current financial year? Any guidance you can provide is much appreciated including any guidance in respect to the appropriate method of converting the Australian dollar to GBP for reporting purposes as well.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2024 14:23:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
You will need to register for self assessment to report the income in a tax return, guidance is at Tax on foreign income.
For exchange rates, refer to HMRC currency exchange average rates.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.