Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Jul 2024 01:24:26 GMT by Anthony Phillips
Right I've not been able to get in to my tax account for 4 years I've finally sent returns off but they said my UTR has been cancelled but to verify my identity I've sent relevent document .....but where has my cis tax payments been going for 4 years as works account said he been paying it to that UTR number ???
Posted Mon, 08 Jul 2024 13:18:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
As soon as we have processed your documents and confirmed your identity, we should be able to confirm your CIS payments and issue any repayment due. For more advice, contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries
Posted Tue, 09 Jul 2024 11:27:24 GMT by opsa519
If I re-submit my online request for UTR, will it potentially affect my previous application for the same ? I've been waiting for 2 months while my friends told me it usually takes a week or two to obtain the letter with the UTR on it. I know I have to complete my split year treatment and paid tax/duty invovled before early October so time is kind of running out now. Hope you can understand and share your comment on what should I do next ? Thanks a lot !
Posted Tue, 09 Jul 2024 15:44:53 GMT by opsa519
I was told that the address I provided is wrong, then, may I know what address HMRC is holding as a reference ? I'm using the address printed on the council tax bill, isn't that a correct address that I should be using ? If it is not then may I know what to do best to cope with this address problem ? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 09:18:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi opsa519,
As over 2 months since your original submission the UTR should have been set up. In this case you would need to re-submit the Self Assessment registration: Register for Self Assessment if you are not self-employed.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 09:40:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi opsa519,
To confirm the address we have for you on your record, and update that address if necessary, contact us by webchat or phone via:
Self Assessment: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.