Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Dec 2023 13:53:58 GMT by
My wife and I are relocating to Australia in February on a working holiday visa. We both currently work in the UK, but will obviously be looking for work in Australia as of February 2024. We will also be renting our house out in the UK while in Australia. I'm not sure what the correct procedure is in regards to income tax (job wise) and rental income for the period we are in Australia which will be at least 12 months. Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:28:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You will need to register for self assessment and declare the rental income. as jointly owned, you both need to declare 50/50 of income and expenses.
Please see guidance at Tax on your UK income if you live abroad

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.