Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 12:18:14 GMT by pwake55
I live in Nl, I posted form R43 in Oct 2023, confirmed by HMRC received and being processed, I live abroad andd paid uk tax on pensions, trying now for 4 months to get a response to my R43 request for refund, wait often 40+ mins on the phone no one answers, live chat say call the support number. how can I get an upgate, nothing shows on my Gov Gatway account on any progress.
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 11:48:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Unfortunately, we do have a large backlog and as we will need to access your record to provide an update, you will need to contact our Income Tax team:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 12:23:57 GMT by pwake55
ok, but I have tried multiple times to get through to someone, waiting 30, 40, 50 mins in the phone. I chat I get told to call the help line, its impossible to get a status update
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:08:49 GMT by pwake55
Called today, waited 45mins to speak to someone at 16p a minute! - to be told yes we have your R43 form from Oct 2023 but it is still waiting to be processed by the techncians, 4 month later! cannot tell you anything else or a timeline, pointless.
Posted Wed, 03 Jul 2024 17:28:29 GMT by Rob Taylor
Good afternoon, I submitted an R43 application in December 2023. Despite calling HMRC a number of times I was unable to get confirmation that my application had been received or when I should expect that it would be dealt with. Since I was unable to confirm that my application had been received I resent this application in March 2024. I am yet to receive a reply. Are you able to provide an update on the current expected waiting times for R43 application? regards, Robert Taylor
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 07:18:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You will need to contact us to check the status of your claim as we are unable to check the status of this on the forum.

Non-UK residents: Income Tax and Capital Gains

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.