Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:47:57 GMT by CC Lo
I moved to the UK from overseas on 30 July 2022. I'm jobless in the UK. But I still receive income from an overseas job and interest from overseas savings. I would like to apply for split-year arrangement in the tax year 2022-2023. Besides SA100, what forms do I need to submit for this year?
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 11:21:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi CC Lo,
You will need to include the SA09 residence section and SA106 foreign page to declare any income received in the UK  part of the year.
Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 11:54:25 GMT by CC Lo
For the form SA100, can I simply print out the form I found at the HRMC's website marked "for reference"? Cause I have been calling the HRMC office several times to request that form, but every time I had to wait for a too long without anyone answering it.
Posted Wed, 18 Oct 2023 09:43:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi CC Lo,
From the 17 October to 31 October you can use the for reference only SA100 if you have not yet received a paper copy.
You can still file your Self Assessment online.
File your Self Assessment tax return online
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 16:52:19 GMT by CC Lo
I registered for self assessment online through my Gateway account on 23 Sep 2023. However, so far I haven't got my UTR. What should I do now? It's my first year submitting a tax return, and I need to send paper forms as I would like to apply for the split year arrangement. Should I print out the forms and send them to the HMRC right away without my UTR? Please advise. Thanks!
Posted Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:05:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi CC Lo,
As you cannot file online for the SA109, you can submit your return in paper format without the UTR as long as you have your National Insurance number on it.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.