Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2024 07:56:53 GMT by Ruby
During the last tax year I received Universal credit whilst finding a job. After six months I gained a contract which required me to become a sole trader. So the universal credit stopped and I signed on with HMGC as a sole trader. During the universal credit period I only had minimum temp work. I now need to complete the tax form and my question is:- is there a tax liability on the universal credit and for the six months was the National Insutrance covered?
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2024 13:59:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Universal credit is tax free so you do not need to declare this on your Self Assessment.
To check on your national insurance contributions you will need to contact that department National Insurance: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2024 07:21:40 GMT by Ruby
Thanks for assistance.

Feedback .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.