Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 21:31:02 GMT by
I've been self employed since 2019 as a private hire driver, whereby my accountants have been filing my returns up until present. In January 2023, I became the director of a company, of which I made no financial gain from (No paye, or drawings etc). When my 22/23 self assessment was submitted, it was for some reason sent with a "No" checked where it asks wether I am a worker, or director of an organisation. My tax calculation by the accountant was £920 including class 2 NIC, however, on the HMRC website, the balance is showing £756, which is the balance precisely excluding the class 2 NIC. I phoned the self assessment line, in which I was told to fill in a CWF1 form, however, I'm now confused after looking at the form as it states that it's for someone who is registering as self employed (which I already am). Could some one please clarify exactly what is required fore to rectify this issue I'm having? I want to pay the full balance of my tax including the class nic
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 12:07:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi

Your self assessment record is not set up to deduct class 2 national insurance.  
To change this, you will need to contact the NIC helpline on 0300 200 3500, to pay the 22/23 class 2 NIC and to updated self assessment to collect class 2 NIC in future tax years.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.