Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 25 Oct 2023 12:11:35 GMT by Donna Levett
Hi all I have a new client who I am trying to authorise but it keeps saying failed. I did wonder whether their address had not been updated since they moved but they have checked their personal tax account and it is right. What other reason could there be. I don’t really want to send a paper 64-8 only for it also to be rejected after what I will suspect will be several weeks or get no response at all for the same reason. They are a SA client only by virtue of being a director. They say their SA number doesn’t show on their personal tax account. Are either relevant? Advice please Thanks
Posted Thu, 02 Nov 2023 08:29:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Donna Levett,
We would need to review your clients records to see if their details match.
If you are still are unable to submit the 64-8 online then you would need to submit the 64-8 by paper to update.
If needed your client needs to contact HMRC details at Contact HMRC
Thank you.

Posted Thu, 02 Nov 2023 17:51:52 GMT by Donna Levett
Hi we have checked all info at this end and other thank not showing self assessment on Personal tax account everything is recorded correctly. I have tried to follow through the link to give to the client so they can check their address is correct on the self assessment side but why’s link on the website does not work so can’t follow that option through. Are phone lines open for self assessment callers now? I obviously can’t call as agent as I am not registered. Thanks
Posted Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:28:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
Yes the Self Assessment helpline is back open:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.