Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 23 Oct 2023 19:41:41 GMT by
There is no option for me to claim on my union subscription as a PAYE employee on my self assessment form. This is irritating as the calculation says that I owe tax - when I actually don't - as the calculation does not add my union subscription to my personal allowance - it does for my PAYE employment pay statements. How do I sort this out?
Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:37:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If tax relief is actually due on your subscription, you will claim this as other expenses.
In the employment section it asks if you want to claim expenses - answer 'yes' and it opens up other boxes for you.
check here - List of approved professional organisations and learned societies (List 3) to ensure your payment qualifies.

Thank you
Posted Fri, 27 Oct 2023 09:59:30 GMT by
Thank you Admin - the issue is now resolved.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.