Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 26 Jun 2023 15:58:45 GMT by morgulwarrior
I registered for self-assessment due to a miscalculation on my part of annual taxable expenses. I've since corrected this and because my expenses are under the £2500 threshold, I can claim these under my PAYE instead and have actually submitted a claim to that effect. Unfortunately, I've now had a letter to say I need to submit via self-assessment. Is it not possible to cancel self-assessment registration and revert back to PAYE? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 13:59:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi morgulwarrior,

If you complete the criteria tool, there is a link at the end to contact us to request removal
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.