Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 23 May 2024 08:32:25 GMT by CazM
I'm due a tax refund & it says 'Bank repayment pending' on my account and has done for at least the last 7 days but I haven't received any funds. How long should this usually take?
Posted Tue, 28 May 2024 13:37:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

It can take up to 10 working days to process the repayment. If after 10 working days your repayment is still showing as pending then the repayment will have been selected for security checks. These checks can take up to 6 weeks. 

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2024 19:38:28 GMT by CazM
This is still showing as 'bank repayment pending' and it's been like that for more than 2 months, not the 6 weeks you referred to. What security checks and why so long, this is my money & I want it back!
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 07:05:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi CazM,
If the repayment is still showing as pending then you will need to contact HMRC to review this for you.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 08:21:28 GMT by rsharma831
Hi, I hope you are well. I submitted my tax returns over a month ago and still have not received the refund. After multiple hoops on contact numbers, I finally managed to reach an IVR that told me that this would be actioned by 7 August 2024. Last time, this was credited to my HMRC account, and I had to transfer it to my bank account. This time, it said that if you provided bank details, it would be directly credited to my bank account. So neither has happened till now. It's still showing "Repayment Pending". Could you please advise when the amount will be credited back? Thanks
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2024 08:26:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

If the repayment is still showing as pending then you will need to contact our Self Assessment team review this for you. If the repayment has been selected for security checks then we will be able to provide a timescale for the checks to be completed. 

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.