Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:53:05 GMT by
Hi, Resident in UK, employed. Long term bond started for me when I was a child in an EU country, which matured recently. Approx EUR 20,000. Does this need to be declared, or are these matters reported between countries? All my other financial matters are easy, not a high earner, so I'm out of my depth with this...
Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:05:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Yes you need to declare this. Please take a look at the guidance here Tax on foreign income

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.