Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2023 13:30:52 GMT by
1) "Our records show that you have an Income Contingent Student Loan for which repayment began before 6 April 2023. Is this correct?" I see this is a common question but for mine - I have not met the threshold yet for SLC to have requested any repayments so how would I answer this question? HMRC has already ticked the 'Yes' button for me, is this correct as repayments have not 'begun', but they are 'due' (at some stage when I meet the threshold). Does this word 'began' imply 'due'? 2) "Did you receive notification from Student Loans Company that repayment of a Postgraduate Loan began before 6 April 2023?" What would I answer to this question that follows on, as I have not started any repayment yet? However HMRC states 'If you change the answer to this question from 'Yes' to 'No', you will be asked to explain why you think this is different to our records below'. Any advice appreciated, thank you.
Posted Thu, 03 Aug 2023 09:29:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Delta,

Began would imply due, if your income on the tax return is below the threshold it will not calculate any amount due.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:58:13 GMT by
Hey, I am in the same position did you answer yes or no. I'm not sure which to click as I also have no started repaying and of the loan back due to being under the threshold?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.