Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2023 06:41:12 GMT by BigJohnTheBrikkie
So I submitted my Tax Return on 14th April and it Processed through to Pending in a few days, then since then nothing, no change in figures so can only assume my return was correct as I have all my CIS Payment/Deduction Vouchers. Its not just me, I am Foreman on our site and most the Guys are in same boat, HMRC please explain and not the normal we are doing checks rubbish we hear as it doesn't take over 3 months to do checks. You have suspended your Helpline which I can only assume you are short of staff but this move has made no difference to refunds being made. Never in all the years I have worked have we had to wait this long, come on HMRC enough is enough, most of us builders rely on these rebates, and when your Van insurance and Public Liablity add up to nearly £2k we need it.
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 06:07:28 GMT by BigJohnTheBrikkie
Still no answer from HMRC!!!!!
Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 06:54:31 GMT by BigJohnTheBrikkie
Tick tock, tick tock, still no reply from HMRC
Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2023 16:40:38 GMT by
i have the same problem - very simple tax return all through PAYE , submitted in May and on my account it shows payment pending - no way to contact until 4th Sept and bills to pay! i have email confirmation of successful self assessment upload and UTR number
Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 06:02:33 GMT by BigJohnTheBrikkie
Still no comment from HMRC and strangley enough no money from HMRC, Over 4 months now
Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 08:29:47 GMT by
Same problem here. It's an absolute disgrace. The service HMRC provide is disgusting and currently unaccountable. They can't even provide a telephone number now. I suggest contacting your MP.
Posted Wed, 06 Sep 2023 08:05:38 GMT by BigJohnTheBrikkie
Still waiting repayment Be nice if HMRC would actually answer, but won't hold my breath
Posted Wed, 06 Sep 2023 17:17:08 GMT by
Today after 90mins on hold i got through to the Self assessment helpline who could see no flags/inquiries etc so sent a note to the repayments team asking them why?!?! - they advise this could take 6 -8 weeks from now.
Posted Thu, 21 Sep 2023 12:45:03 GMT by BigJohnTheBrikkie
Well its now over 5 months, no refund, no change it value, no letter Have HMRC just closed down without telling us lol

You must be signed in to post in this forum.