Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:49:07 GMT by
Hi, I've started to apply to find my child trust fund and have already received a letter asking for more information. I have filled out most of it but I cannot find the Child's unique reference number or my child benefit number.
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 13:05:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to guidance at:

Child Trust Fund

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:36:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi Leah Atkins,

You can find guidance here:

Child Trust Fund

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 16:21:50 GMT by
Hi, I have requested to find my info twice now and had not received any letters. There is no help that I can get anywhere. The website does not help me and when I ring the helpline, it says that they don't take queries regarding the trust fund. I do not know the bank provider due to the lack of information. I need help.
Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 09:35:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Aimee Richardson,
Unfortunalely this forum doesn't deal with Child Trust funds and you will need to contact them direct per the previous reply.
Thank you. 
Posted Mon, 26 Feb 2024 12:10:42 GMT by MorganJF Faulkner
Hi, I have used the child trust fund site to try and locate my trust fund. However, I received a letter back saying they could not locate it and need a copy of my birth certificate. It also says that I can phone them to speed up the process. The number given on the letter is 03000 546864 which rings but never connects, and the number 0300 123 1072 says they do not deal with trust fund queries. Please may I have an email or phone number I can get in contact with to speed this process up. Thank You
Posted Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:06:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi MorganJF Faulkner,
This forum does not deal with Child Trust Fund queries.
We do not have an email address we can only direct you to:
Child Trust Fund
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:10:59 GMT by Ryan_Row
Hi, Im Currently 19 years of age and I received a HM Revenue & Custome letter showing to add additional details about my child trust fund as it had not been located. Every detail is filled in except Child Benefit Number which cannot be indicated. Please with reply let me know how this issue can be solved or if I should just submit this application via post without a child beenfit number? or should I call the child trust fund line?
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 12:44:49 GMT by Fuad
Hi, I’m 18 and I used the HMRC tool to locate my child trust fund. However I received a letter back stating that they were unable to locate my provider and asked me to fill out a form and send them a copy of my birth certificate which I did. I sent these documents over via 1st class post on the 6th March 2024. However, almost a month on and I haven’t gotten any form of communication as to the status of my request. The number on the letter was 03000 546864 but no one answers and it goes to some PT services for some reason. Very in the dark here and any helpline I call relating to HMRC they can’t seem to point me to the right direction. Please advise.
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 15:25:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can find guidance here:

Child Trust Fund

You can also write to:

Charities, Savings and International 1

Thank you.

Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 08:19:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Please refer to Child Trust Fund

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.