Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:17:16 GMT by CC Lo
I write books for a company based in Hong Kong and receive royalty income from that company. Which tax return should I submit for the royalty income received, SA102, SA103 or SA106?
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 13:15:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you are a writer as a trade, the royalties would form part of your self assessment. If not, you declare these as other taxable income in box 17 on page 3 and must be converted to sterling.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.