Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 24 Jun 2023 16:49:46 GMT by
I am writing regarding the mileage record keeping needed for a multidrop short shift courier or fast food delivery driver and wondering if you could please give me some advice? I realise normally when claiming the mileage allowance 45p/25p you would record the day, distance, start, finish address and reason etc. However as a multidrop delivery driver it is not practical to record hundreds of addresses visited. Now I found a similar question to this based on: "Mileage Claims for (self employed) Fast Food Delivery Workers" Which stated recording the mileage once per shift would be acceptable. Now whilst that would normally be fine for say an 8 hour shift, some of the flexi "shifts" can be as short as an hour (for fast food a shift might be as short as 20 minutes) and you might do 6 or more of them in a day. This would require recording separately the precise mileage for literally thousands of "shifts". For multidrop delivery would it be acceptable to simply record per day: date, mileage, reason and delivery company you were delivering for? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 29 Jun 2023 08:00:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Joe Black,

That would be acceptable.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.