Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 13:34:47 GMT by Pa2324
Hi My previous employer outside UK has operated a share award scheme with different vesting date. I resigned from my position in the company on April 2022 and there is still outstanding share award vested to me in April 2023 (like a back payment to my previous service). I come to UK on May 2022 and applied split year treatment in year of assessment 22/23 (no shares vested in this period). I would like to clarify if I need to report my share awarded in April 2023 as income in the year of assessment 23/24, or this is treated as non-relevant as this is related to the overseas part of the split year which is not treat as income in UK (the share awarded was related to my previous employment performed outside UK). Thanks for your attention
Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 15:47:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Pa2324,
The shares should be reported in the tax year in which they vested.  This will determine whether they need to be reported to HMRC.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 11:07:20 GMT by Pa2324
Hi Admin Thanks for your reply. Can you please advise which section and which Self Assessment form should I put the shares vested? Or shall I put in Any Other Information section in SA100? Thanks, Peter
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 10:52:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Pa2324,
You will show this as foreign income and if a paper return this will be the SA106.
The income must be declared in sterling.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.