Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2024 14:33:35 GMT by FHS Sch
Dear HMRC, I have a UK-based PAYE job and pay my usual PAYE tax on is this income. I am living in the UK. I also had a second job through which I provide a self-employed service online to a different company and get paid commission in EUROS (which I receive via Wise and immediately convert to Sterling). Can I claim the £1000 trading allowance on this foreign income received (on the Sterling amount) via my second job? I do a self assessment tax return every year where I declare all my sterling income received from both jobs. Just keen to know if I can deduct the trading allowance from my self employed second job sterling earnings. Many thanks
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 06:23:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi FHS Sch,
Yes you can claim this as you are self employed.
If not claimed in prevous years, you will need to write to us to claim this.
Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.