Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 25 Jul 2023 17:50:20 GMT by mond
Hi officer, hope you are doing well. Just wondering what should I do if my SA1 form is being rejected due to address not being matched with the system. But, I have doubled checked that the address I submitted from SA1 is the same with the one from the PAYE system. I have tried to submit the SA1 form twice. But, both of them being rejected with the same reason address does not match. Moreover, i have tried to updates the address, with the same address, in the PAYE system. But, no luck at all. If I tried to send the SA1 form in postal, will I get a better error message other than address not being matched at all? Any suggestions for me? Thanks
Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2023 14:21:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If the online system keeps rejecting the form, you can submit it by post and we will be able to process it. Please follow the link below
Register for Self Assessment

Thank you
Posted Mon, 07 Aug 2023 16:41:40 GMT by KuenHK
Hi all, I also encountered the above situation that my online submission of registering SA1 was rejected by the system due to the mismatch of home address between my input and the system's record. I had updated my home address immediately at personal tax account. As suggested by HMRC, if I send the completed SA1 form directly to HMRC by post, I would like to know if HMRC would check and update my home address based on the details of my paper form of SA1 if any discrepancy is found between the HMRC online system and my SA1 form. Secondly, if the above application for registering self assessment is accepted later by HMRC with UTR number issued, may I confirm if I could submit my self assessment tax return (SA100) via either HMRC online system or by using 3rd commercial software. Or, I need to continue submitting the paper form of completed SA100 due to the above mismatch problem. I am looking forward to receiving HMRC's further advice. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 14:41:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
HMRC would update records based on the information given on the SA1 form.
You can register to file online even if you submit a paper SA1 form.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.