Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 11:53:35 GMT by
Self assesment (re a partnership,) I found section 3 of the form very misleading, one of the questions states “answer yes” if the turnover is over £1000. The help section states “say yes” if you are self employed and not a partnership, OR, “say yes” if you were a sub contractor. We answered “yes” because my partnership was sub contracted for part of the year. It now looks like we should have answered “no” to this question as Inland Revenue have now added my share of the partnership profit £16,262 AND all of the partnership profit £32,525 together! This gives the incorrect figure of £48,787 when in fact my total share of the profit for the year is only £16,262. My partner has tried to amend this in the system but was unable to change the question in section 3. Does anyone know how I can amend this? It has already been submitted but we need to amend question.
Posted Fri, 06 Oct 2023 09:38:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Ruth Campbell,

You would need to delete the relevant section before it can change on section 3. if you scroll down to the bottom of the page for the section you wish to delete, it is highlighted in red on the right hand side - do you want to delete this section.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.