Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 May 2024 21:28:59 GMT by Honestaxpayer
Initially attempted to declare CGT on the on line form for this purpose, but owing to coinciding with end of financial year and a company move, was not able to get my P60 to enter salary for the year. When I eventually got the information I thought I may as well submit my self assessment and complete the section for a Capital Gain. I was under the impression this needed to be declared and paid for within 60 days. On my new ‘current situation’ page, it is now showing the exact amount of CGT as a Balancing Payment payable by end of Jan 2025? On returning to the original separate form (declare and pay CGT) there is a tick box ‘have you submitted a self assessment ‘ which I now have. The form then says you cannot continue using that form. Needless to say I have made numerous unsuccessful attempts to contact HMRC. The current information on my statement appears contradictory to what big believe is required. Clearly, a fine can be imposed for late payment, but I am attempting to do the right thing. Any immediate advice gratefully received as this is giving me considerable stress. I also attempted to do,’live chat’ but no one available. My initial attempt to register for this forum was also hampered earlier by ‘tech issues’
Posted Mon, 03 Jun 2024 14:46:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You may not need to file the property disposal return if certain condition have been met. You can see more information here:

CG-APP18-260 - Part 2 - Submitting returns through the CGT on UK Property Account: Complex and Miscellaneous Scenarios

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.