Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 07:27:16 GMT by dabbler
If I dispose of a complete segment of an overseas bond to I declare the capital gain in box 41 of the SA106 form (I am not using the 5% per annum disposal option)? If its box 43 then do I need to fill in boxes 44 and 45?
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 14:54:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Foreign gains from Deeply Dicounted Securities are declared in box 41 of SA106 and claim a Foreign Tax Credit Relief (FTCR) in box 2.  
Boxes 44 and 45 relate soley to gains from foreign life insurance policies, so for you bonds, you would not complete them.

Thank you
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 16:11:59 GMT by dabbler
This is an Open-Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) offshore bond (Ireland) in a wrapper via Abrdn so not a deeply discounted bond. The gains are through normal company growth (currently report dividends on SA106 form) so how should this be reported if I surrender full segements (I know the tax is charged as income tax at prevailing band)?
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:17:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi dabbler,
Please refer to guidance here:
HS265 Offshore funds
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:27:14 GMT by dabbler
I have refered to HS265 and it is still unclear whether the gain is declared in box 41 or 43/44 in the "Other overseas income and gains" section on page 6 of SA106. Can someone explain how each of these boxes should be used?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:13:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi dabbler,
Report your offshore income gain in the Foreign Pages (SA106) on page 6 ‘Other overseas income and gains’ at box 41
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.