Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 07:24:16 GMT by
If I have some earnings in form of savings, fixed deposit interest income outside UK and it has been reinvested rather than remit to UK. Do I still need to pay tax in UK or can I defer it under the remittance basis?
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:51:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Sumit KANSAL,
If you are entitled to claim the remittance basis and the income has not been remitted to the UK then you do not need to declare it - seez
Paying tax on the remittance basis (Self Assessment helpsheet HS264)
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.