Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 31 Dec 2023 14:52:25 GMT by
Hi, I'm UK tax resident with remittance basis, I didn't remit any of my oversea asset. However I own an oversea brokerage account which paying interests on my idle GBP cash. Is this GBP interests income considered to be UK tax liable, even though I didn't bring in them? If I have to report it, which form should I use? SA106? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 14:58:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

As it's an overseas account, this is foreign income albeit paid in sterling, and if not remitted to the UK then you do not need to declare it.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.