Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 09 Jul 2023 03:40:57 GMT by
I am a non-UK resident and do not pay UK tax on my income. I have to file tax forms still because I have a property in the UK which I rent out. On the employment forms there are questions about employment pay. I was previously working for a UK headquartered company, employed by them and paid in pounds (but just working abroad). To date I have declared this income on the SA102 (as I did receive a p60) and then stated that this is 'foreign earned non taxable in the UK on the SA101 (as I am a non UK resident and pay tax on this in a foreign country). I have now changed jobs and am employed by a local company and so will not have a P60 (and am not paid in pounds). Do I still need to declare this income on the SA102/SA101, or does this not need to be reported? If it does need to be reported, what exchange rate should be used to convert this into pounds? Many thanks
Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 11:34:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Michael,

As the new employment is not in the UK, you do not include it in your return as you are non resident.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.