Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 06 Nov 2023 08:09:08 GMT by
HI, I Have A skilled worker Visa and have paid from my employer and they paid all my tax The question is: I 've binance and kraken account with my home Country address and I couldn't change the country without close the account and open another. Now I was trying p2p crypto trading only exchange usdt in binance by buying it from kraken with lower fees . I use skrill to get the money and transfer to Revolut EURo and purchase usdt from kraken .. Now the question are I have any problem with these transactions .. How can I pay tax without. Change my address in both binance and kraken as I have good history in trading in binance ... How I can calculate this tax ? If this make any problem for after that please help me Thanks
Posted Mon, 06 Nov 2023 14:50:30 GMT by
Kindly inform that i just exchange usdt with usd fait on skrill and transfer usd to revolut and exchange to euro without any using to GBP Fait Also sometimes i make big loses if euro is go down suddenly I work in UK but my home permanent address is not UK . What is the tax in this case applied to me
Posted Thu, 09 Nov 2023 11:21:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi AAMS,
Please refer to guidance at CRYPTO20000 - Cryptoassets for individuals
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 05:14:55 GMT by Rohit Sharma
Hi there, Navigating tax obligations can be tricky, especially when dealing with cryptocurrency transactions across international borders. Here are some considerations: Tax Obligations: As a skilled worker with a visa, you're likely subject to tax laws in the country where you're residing and earning income. Even though your accounts are registered with your home country address, you may still have tax obligations in your current country of residence. Reporting Crypto Transactions: Most tax authorities require individuals to report cryptocurrency transactions for tax purposes. This includes buying, selling, and trading cryptocurrencies like USDT. You should check the tax regulations in your current country of residence to determine your reporting requirements. Calculating Taxes: To calculate your tax liability, you'll need to keep detailed records of all your cryptocurrency transactions, including the date, amount, and value at the time of the transaction. Many exchanges provide transaction histories that can be used for tax reporting purposes. Exchange Rate Considerations: When calculating taxes on cryptocurrency transactions, you'll need to consider the exchange rates at the time of each transaction. This can be complex, especially if you're trading across multiple exchanges with different base currencies. Consulting a Tax Professional: Given the complexities involved, it's advisable to consult a tax professional who is familiar with cryptocurrency taxation in both your home country and your current country of residence. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific situation and ensure that you're complying with all relevant tax laws. Address Change Consideration: While changing your address on cryptocurrency exchanges may seem like a solution, it's important to consider the implications, such as potential account closures or complications with identity verification. It's best to weigh the risks and consult with the exchanges if necessary. In summary, it's essential to understand and fulfill your tax obligations when engaging in cryptocurrency transactions. Consulting a tax professional will help ensure that you comply with all relevant laws and regulations, minimizing the risk of any problems in the future. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.