Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 13:45:20 GMT by PeterRabbit
Hello, I think HMRC's online calculation of my tax due in the 2023/4 tax year is incorrect*. Is there a way to override the calculation and enter the correct tax due in the online system? I've read that it's possible to amend a return after it has been submitted online - is there a way to correct the final calculation, or can only the entries be corrected (such that the final calculation will not be corrected)? *See issue at https://community.hmrc.gov.uk/customerforums/sa/db141121-9c05-ef11-a81c-6045bd0d9b48#6046d370-9a09-ef11-9f8a-6045bd1255b5 , which nobody has said is not an error yet.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 10:05:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
The amount calculated as due is usually the product of the figures entered in your return.
You can review and amend these figures by logging into where you filed your return, and reopening that return.
If you would like us to review  and discuss your calculation, contact us by webchat or phone:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.

Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 20:55:40 GMT by PeterRabbit
So there is no way of sending a correction if the figures we have entered are correct but we think the calculation of tax due is wrong? I would use those contact options if there were any advisors available on webchat or who picked up the phone...
Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 08:44:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi PeterRabbit,
If the figures are correctly input then there is no correction.
You can telephone our Self Assessment helpline to go through the calculation to ensure it is in fact correct.
Contact details here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.