Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 06 Dec 2023 12:50:47 GMT by Taiman Yue
Hi I'm not a UK tax resident (though I have oversea incomes), and have received a total amount of dividend payment of less than £100 from a UK bank during the 2023/24 tax year. Do I need to submit any kind of tax return forms, such as the self-assessment tax return, and/or form SA100? Thank you for your assistance and would appreciate your advice.
Posted Wed, 06 Dec 2023 14:21:47 GMT by Taiman Yue
BTW, apart from these dividend payments, I have no other UK incomes.
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 16:06:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Taiman Yue,
No, a tax return is not due from the details you have provided. 
You can check here:
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return
Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 02:04:50 GMT by Taiman Yue
Thank you for your prompt response! In going through the Self assessment tax return step 7: Do you need to pay tax on any of the following? Does this apply to paying tax in the UK only? (I have incomes in Hong Kong and had paid income tax there, but not over here since I'm not a UK tax resident. Therefore I put down "none"; was my understanding correct?) Thank you for your advice!
Posted Wed, 13 Dec 2023 09:02:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Yes that is correct. The foreign income would be declared on a separate section. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.