Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Self assessment foreign incomes

I'm not a UK tax resident. In going through the Self assessment tax return Step 7: Do you need to pay tax on any of the following? Does this refer to paying tax in the UK only? (I have incomes in Hong Kong and had paid income tax there, but not over here since I'm not a UK tax resident. Therefore I put down "none"; was my understanding correct?) Thank you for your advice!
  • RE: Dividend payment

Thank you for your prompt response! In going through the Self assessment tax return step 7: Do you need to pay tax on any of the following? Does this apply to paying tax in the UK only? (I have incomes in Hong Kong and had paid income tax there, but not over here since I'm not a UK tax resident. Therefore I put down "none"; was my understanding correct?) Thank you for your advice!
  • RE: Dividend payment

BTW, apart from these dividend payments, I have no other UK incomes.
  • Dividend payment

Hi I'm not a UK tax resident (though I have oversea incomes), and have received a total amount of dividend payment of less than £100 from a UK bank during the 2023/24 tax year. Do I need to submit any kind of tax return forms, such as the self-assessment tax return, and/or form SA100? Thank you for your assistance and would appreciate your advice.