Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Apr 2024 18:17:12 GMT by Oldtim
Hi, from “ Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return” Question 7 - Do you need to pay tax on any of the following? May I know from above question if I only have income outside UK which is less than £1000 per year (mainly come from overseas bank saving interest), should I pick a “Yes” or “No” to the question?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:41:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Oldtim,
Sorry, we would need to know more details to answer.
If you contact HMRC:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:09:45 GMT by Oldtim
If I only have oversea bank accounts’ interest and less than £1000, should I answer “Yes” or “No” to this question?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 11:26:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Oldtim

If this is the question taxable income from abroad then the answer would be yes.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.